Just like how “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, making positive lifestyle changes can be tough. The key is making a small shift, a small change in your daily routine to bring some positivity, productivity and happiness to your life.
We’ve listed 30 of them for you to try this month! 🙂
1. Drink more water than you usually do. Drinking lots of water can flush out toxins, increase energy and prevent cramps and headaches.
2. Go 24 hours without complaining about anything at all. You’ll be less likely to suffer from low energy levels or binge on something unhealthy later on in the day.
3. Snack on nuts when hungry instead of processed options.
4. Make a list of the things you are grateful for this month.
5. Try the two bite rule to manage cravings. Take two bite-size morsels of whatever you’re craving and drink a glass of water. If you’re still craving the food, wait 1–2 minutes, then eat the second bite.
6. Try to sneak in something green and healthy into your diet in the form of smoothies, salads or juices.
7. Try to get at least 15-30 minutes of direct sunlight every day.
8. While working or studying, step away from your desk every few hours. Walk around, have a light stretch and drink some water.
9. Eat slowly.
10. Never go food shopping while hungry. I don’t think I have to explain this one?
11. Laugh often. A good comedy show or movie is good therapy when you’re having a crappy day.
12. Practice gratitude. Before you go to sleep, think of the great things that happened to you, even the worst of days have the potential to become a little better. This practice can train your brain to be happy!
13. Give yourself fewer options for distraction by deleting apps you don’t use, emails you don’t need or messages that clutter your phone.
14. Eat a big breakfast.
15. Take the stairs.
16. Sleep a little more than you usually do.
17. Slather on the sunscreen every single day.
18. Do something nice for others, on regular basis.
21. It’s not a good idea to send emails or text messages, while angry. Write your feelings but don’t send it; delete it once your anger goes away.
22. Keep your phone out of reach when you’re out with people.
24. Stop waiting for Friday, for love, to start savings. “Right now” is all you’ll ever have.
25. Unsubscribe from newsletters that tempt you to over-spend.
26. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
27. The right foods will make your stomach happy! So place fruits and veggies on a shelf at eye level in your refrigerator.
28. Cook a dish you’ve never had before of another country’s cuisine.
29. Meditate for 5 mins everyday to clear your mind.
30. Say ‘Thank You’ as much as you can- to the person who opens the door for you, to the barista who serves you, to the colleague who does the job well for starters!
You don’t have to wait for the New Year to make a positive change in your life. If you found this helpful, please share with those who also would and let us know how happy this made you!